Social Work Services
School social workers are a vital link between the school and home, and work to promote the academic success of all students. School social workers are assigned to every school and are trained to utilize the resources of the community to meet the needs of students and their families.
What we do:
- Enforce the Georgia Compulsory Attendance Law
- Provide an array of services to students and families
- Collaborate with school personnel
- Build community partnerships to strengthen students and families
- Strengthen knowledge base through involvement with organizations that support and enhance social work practice
- Work closely with colleges and universities to provide internships, supervision, and training in the specialty of School Work
As support staff, the School Social worker is available to the administrators, teachers, parents, and school system support personnel. Students may also refer themselves.
The Marietta Attendance Panel promotes regular school attendance by utilizing community based and school professionals to meet with parents and students to emphasize the importance of school attendance. The Panel encourages collaboration between the school and family in order to eradicate unnecessary absences and tardies.
Back to School Project: School Social Workers canvas the community with posters and flyers to encourage early enrollment and school attendance on the “First Day of School”.
Food Pantry: Provides non-perishable food items to families in need. Food donations are always welcome and appreciated. To donate items, contact a school social worker.