Completing all steps in the registration process and providing required information will assist us in enrolling your child in a timely manner.
A student registration form is required for each student. Kindergarten and first-grade students entering a Georgia public school for the first time must be age 5 on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten and age 6 on or before September 1 to enter first grade.
The following items are needed when a parent or guardian enrolls their child. Students transferring in from another school/school district should provide withdrawal papers from the previous school/school district:
- Birth Certificate (copy acceptable)
If no birth certificate is available, other documents may be accepted such as INS document or state/federal form with date of birth.
- Custody Documentation
Upon registering in the Marietta City School System, a parent must provide satisfactory documentation of a relationship with the student to be registered.
Satisfactory documentation includes:
- Natural parent - Birth certificate
- Adoptive parent - Official adoption decree
- Guardian - Official guardianship decree.
If the person enrolling a student is not the legal guardian, they must complete a non-parental affidavit. Marietta City Schools will provisionally enroll a student for a period of not more than 30 days so the person can file an official guardianship application with the Probate Court. At the end of the 30 days if the official guardianship application has not been filed, the student shall be withdrawn. Once a guardianship application has been filed, the person enrolling a student has up to 90 days from the date of enrollment to complete the guardianship process. Extensions beyond 90 days must be approved by the superintendent or his/her designee.
- Foster parent - Official foster parent letter.
- Hearing, Dental, Vision and Nutrition Screening Certificate as required by Georgia Law 20-2-770 (Georgia Form 3300) for all kindergarten and new first grade students, all students new to Georgia and any child enrolling from a private school dated within 12 months prior to the day of enrollment. However, if a student is enrolling from another Georgia public school, a completed 3300 Form will be accepted by any District school.
- Certificate of Immunization as required by Georgia Law 20-2-771:
Child’s Social Security # - (not mandatory)
School Health Record – (not mandatory)
- Georgia Form 3231 for all kindergarten and sixth grade students, all students new to Georgia and students coming from any private school must have the form signed by a licensed health-care provider or the county health department. To be enrolled in the District, ALL certificates of immunization must be marked “Complete for Attendance” OR have a future expiration date. Expired certificates will not be accepted for enrollment.
Georgia Immunization requirements for students entering kindergarten or 6th grade on or after July 1, 2007:
See the attached flyer to learn more about:
Discipline Record – (mandatory grades 7-12 GA schools only) 10 day grace or sign record release form
Grade Record or Transcript – (mandatory grades 7-12 GA schools only) 10 day grace or sign record release form
Proof of Residency
- Lease, rental agreement or rent receipt consisting of written evidence that the agreement is valid and current AND a current utility bill (gas, electric, water, home telephone or cable TV). Records must include the name and street address of the parent/guardian.
- A current residential property tax statement or deed, AND a current utility bill (gas, electric, water, home telephone or cable TV). Records must include the name and street address of the parent/guardian.
- A third person affidavit of residency signed, completed and notarized (good for 30 days, if temporary) AND A) lease or rental agreement consisting of written evidence that the agreement is valid and current and a current utility bill (gas, electric, water, home telephone or cable TV). Records must include the name and address of the third person signee. OR B) current residential property tax statement or deed and current utility bill (gas, electric, water, home telephone or cable TV). Records must include the name and address of the third person signee.
Note: Parents or guardians are required to provide proof of residency upon initial enrollment of their child in a Marietta City School and may be required to periodically verify their residency in the Marietta City Schools district at random times thereafter.
Exceptions to the Above Mentioned Rules
Homeless children (McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act)
Any parent/guardian who may be living in a homeless situation should complete the Student Residency statement and contact Dayton Hibbs, Associate Superintendent, at 770-422-3500 ext. 268 for information/interview.
The grades 3-5 magnet program at Marietta Center for Advanced Academics (MCAA) offers students a technology-driven curriculum that emphasizes science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Non-residents who meet admissions/eligibility criteria may apply to the magnet program at MCAA and pay tuition (same tuition schedule as all non-resident students).
Marietta City Schools also allows students in grades K-12, who reside outside the district, to attend our school system. To qualify, interested parents must complete a Non-resident enrollment application/contract and be approved. The application must include the student’s most recent school record, including:
- Academic grades and test scores
Completed Non-resident enrollment applications with all required documents, should be submitted to the school principal. Acceptance as a non-resident tuition student is valid for one school-year only. Applicants must complete a
Non-resident enrollment application/contracteach school year. The superintendent approves all applicants based on the stated criteria and available space in school programs. Questions regarding non-resident student enrollment may be directed to the school principal or the Associate Superintendent.
Non-Resident Enrollment Application and Contract
2014-2015 Non-Resident Tuition Schedule:
|Tuition (all non-resident students)
|Tuition (all non-resident students – IB Program/MHS)
Buddy Placement Request
Your child may be paired with another in classes /subjects upon request to ease the transition for Kindergarten students or upon initial enrollment in K-8 schools.
Buddy Placement Request Form
The school reserves the right to verify all information. If you have questions, please contact the local school.
**Forms may be obtained from the Cobb County Health Department located at 1650 County Services Parkway, (770) 514-2300. Many private physicians and dentists also have the form available.