Contact: Marietta City Schools Public Relations Department
770-422-3500 ext. 282
Release July 16, 2014
Marietta City Schools
Launches New Website Design
-–Marietta City Schools
(MCS) launches website (www.marietta-city.org
) featuring a new design. Upgraded features include simplified site navigation and multi-platform capabilities allowing seamless conversion to fit multiple computers and devices.
“The website is an important tool that connects our district to the Marietta community and worldwide,” said Sommer Vega, MCS Communications Director. “In many cases, it is the face of MCS and is the most reliable source for information about what is happening at our schools. Changing the website design was initiated with our community in mind.” Other website features include:
- Translation in 12 languages
- Social Media integration with MCS Facebook and Twitter pages
- News and events, including a fluid calendar for each school
- Quick link to employment opportunities at MCS
- Homepage slideshow with information about each school
MCS plans to utilize analytical data to measure website traffic and popularity of specific webpages. This data will be a used as a guide for making adjustments and enhancements to the website in the future.