PTA Mission & Values
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
The Parent Teacher Association® Membership is open to anyone who believes in the mission and purposes of Parent Teacher Association. Individual members may belong to any number of PTAs and pay dues in each. Every person who joins a local PTA® automatically becomes a member of both the state and national PTAs.
Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA's goal of a quality education and nurturing environment for every child.
PTA's Vision: Every child’s potential is a reality.
Visión de la PTA: El potencial de cada niño es una realidad.
PTA's Mission: To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Misión de la PTA: Hacer realidad el potencial de cada niño comprometiendo, apoderando, y abogando por todos los niños, las familias, y las comunidades.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
- Colaboración: Trabajamos en colaboración con una amplia gama de individuos y organizaciones para lograr nuestros objetivos acordados.
- Compromis Estamos dedicados a promover la salud de los niños, el bienestar y el éxito educativo a través de los padres fuertes, la familia y la comunidad.
- Responsabilidad: Somos conscientes de nuestras obligaciones. Nosotros cumplimos nuestras promesas.
- Respet Valoramos a nuestros colegas ya nosotros mismos. Esperamos que la misma alta calidad de esfuerzo y pensamiento de nosotros como nosotros de los demás.
- Inclusión: Se invita a la forastero, y el recién llegado. Valoramos y recabar contribuciones de una gama tan amplia de puntos de vista y experiencias como sea posible.
- Integridad: actuar de manera consistente con nuestras creencias. Cuando nos equivocamos, reconocemos el error y tratar de hacer las paces.
Why Join the PTA?PTA provides opportunities to meet and to talk with other parents who have the same concerns as you. Being part of the PTA results in parental support and makes school involvement easier. You will no longer feel "all alone" in raising your child. PTA encourages learning and the sharing of accomplishments. Ultimately, PTA provides the opportunity to serve, to volunteer, and to contribute to the welfare of ALL children. At risk or sounding cliche; the children are our future.
The PTA will introduce you to a great variety of new activities and opportunities to share your special talents. Being a PTA member will give you the opportunity, not only to impact your local community, but to have input in major legislative and policy issues affecting children throughout the state. The more members we have, the louder our “Voice”. Help Sawyer Road's PTA to turn up the volume of our Voice so we can be effective advocates for all of our children. Become a member today and encourage your neighbors and community members to do the same.
Your $10 PTA Membership fee will help us provide programs and activities that support better education, secure adequate laws for the care and protection of our children, advocate for additional state funding, and have access to more resources nationwide. I invite you to view the national PTA website at www.pta.org. There you will find all the ways that you contribution helps children nationwide as well as the little ones in your own homes and neighborhoods. So, please join our PTA. The fee is $10 PER Family Membership.