Welcome to MILE Gifted Education
The mission of the Marietta City Schools’ Gifted Education program is to identify, challenge, support, and inspire gifted and talented students through differentiated learning opportunities designed to meet their unique academic, social, and emotional needs.
The purpose of gifted programming is to provide gifted education services to students who have the potential for exceptional academic achievement in grades K-12.
Marietta City Schools makes available for review by the public and the Georgia Department of Education, a copy of its administrative procedures for the operation of its gifted education program and gifted curriculum. For more information, contact Jill Sims, Executive Director of Academic Programs (IB, ESOL, EIP, Gifted, REM).
- Gifted students will develop Advanced Research Skills. Students will develop and utilize advanced research skills among various topics.
- Gifted students will develop and practice Creative Thinking Skills. Students will develop and utilize creative thinking through variety of products and problem solving.
- Gifted students will develop and practice Higher Order Thinking and Problem Solving Skills. Students will develop and utilize critical thinking, higher order thinking, logical thinking and problem solving skills in various situations.
- Gifted students will develop Advanced Communication and Collaboration Skills Students will develop advanced communication and collaboration skills in working toward a common goal with shared accountability for the final outcome.
- Gifted students will develop an Emotional Development of Self. Students will develop understanding of self and how one’s own unique abilities influence interactions with others.
- Gifted students will further develop Self-directed Learner. Students will become self-directed, independent- learners.
For further information about Gifted Services, click on any of the links listed on the left navigation.