Our Tradition of Academic Excellence
West Side opened for the 1949-50 school year with Henry Kemp as a teaching principal. During the 2019-2020 school year, West Side celebrated its 70th Anniversary!
Building additions were made in 1950, 1957, 1963, 1980, 1990, and 2005.
West Side is a 1985 Georgia School of Excellence, and was the first Marietta City School to achieve such an honor.
Many families in the West Side district have had generations of family members attend our school. Over the years, our student population has diversified. However, our tradition of academic excellence continues. A challenging curriculum, highly trained staff, innovative materials, and technology have created a successful learning environment that consistently yields high achievement in standardized and performance-based assessments.