Sawyer Road Elementary is identified as a Title 1 school as part of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Title 1, Part A is a federally funded program under the Every Student Succeeds ACT (ESSA). The purpose of Title 1 under the ESSA is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.While ESSA has many requirements, there is a strong focus throughout the law on parent and family engagement notification and involvement, particularly as it relates to:
- Ensuring that high-quality academic assessments, accountability systems, teacher preparation and training, curriculum, and instructional materials are aligned with challenging State academic standards so that students, teachers, parents, and administrators can measure progress against common expectations for student academic achievement.
- Affording parents substantial and meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children.
Click on the link below to find information from The Governor’s Office of Student Achievement on the Georgia School Grade Reports for the school district and individual schools.
SRE Title I School - Things You Need To Know
We believe in Family-School Partnerships. A partnership that includes parents, family, school, and community working together to create a meaningful partnership that ultimately leads to significant gains across the board in student achievement. We want to increase student achievement by engaging and empowering parents to become actively involved in their children's education across all grade levels.
SRE believes that parent involvement means the participation of parents in regular two-way and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities including ensuring:
· Parents play an integral role in assisting their child's learning;
· Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education at school
· Parents are full partners in their child's education and are included, as appropriate, in decision making, and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
Parent and Family Engagement Standards
Sawyer Road Elementary and our parents have adopted the National PTA Standards for Family-School Partnerships as the school's model in engaging parents, students, and the community. These standards are:
Welcoming All Families
Supporting Student Success
Speaking Up for Every Child
Collaborating with Community
Title 1 Budget
Schools receiving Title 1 money to support a school-wide program may use their funds to improve student achievement throughout their entire school; therefore every child benefits from the added services and programs, not just the students identified as eligible to participate. All of the school staff focuses on upgrading the entire educational program and improving the achievement of all students.
- Supplemental Staff
- Instructional Materials/Supplies
- Training's/Workshops for Teachers and Parents
- Parent Engagement
Close parent-teacher communication and collaboration is what improves student learning.
Strong Families, Strong Schools!
When it comes to parent engagement, the research is clear: when schools, families, and communities support each other, students of all backgrounds and ability levels achieve at the highest levels.
On behalf of our school community, I want to thank all the parents and families who have taken on the demanding job of being engaged in your child’s education.
Life is challenging and there is almost never enough time to get everything done; but, being involved in your child’s education is conceivably one of the most important roles we play as parents.
Thank you for being involved. We simply cannot succeed without you and your support.
-Debbie Ruic, Parent Liaison
Annual Title 1 Parent Meeting
Monday, October 26, 2020
at 7:30 pm
Virtual, ZOOM Meeting.
We will review and share our school's Title 1 Program. We will cover the following items that are important to you as parents.
- What is Title 1? How does SRE spend Title 1 money?
- Parents Right to know professional qualifications.
- SRE Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- SRE School-Parent Compact
- Opportunities for parent engagement
PLEASE JOIN US!
PARENT FEEDBACK FORM
If you have any suggestions regarding SRE's Title 1 Program, Budget, Parent & Family Engagement Policy, School-Parent Compact or have any comments/feedback, please submit this form. As a stakeholder in your child's education, we value your input regarding the Title 1 Program at Sawyer Road Elementary.
Parent Feedback Form
Si tiene alguna sugerencia sobre el Programa de Título 1 de SRE, el Presupuesto, la Política de Participación de Padres y Familia, el Acuerdo de Escuela-Padres o si tiene algún comentario / comentario, envíe este formulario. Como parte interesada en la educación de su hijo, valoramos su opinión con respecto al Programa de Título 1 en la Escuela Primaria Sawyer Road.