Frequently Asked Questions about Park Street
What Are the School Hours?
Students can begin arriving at 8:00 am. School begins promptly at 8:30 am. Any student arriving after 8:30 am will need to check in at the front office and obtain a pass to class. The latest time to pick up students for early dismissal is 2:00 pm. Dismissal begins at 3:15 pm.
How Do I Contact My Child's Teacher?
There are many ways to contact your child's teacher. Here are some of the ways you can get in touch:
- Leave a message in the front office
- Send a note in with your child
- Send a message via the teacher's Class Dojo page
- Send a message on Schoology
I Have a Concern or Problem, Whom Should I Contact?
- For transportation concerns, please reach out directly to Marietta City Transportation Department.
- For concerns about discipline or grades, please reach out to your child's teacher. If you have additional concerns after talking with your child's teacher, please contact our Assistant Principals:
- Idris Johnson (grades 1,3,5) at email@example.com
- Carrie Madden (grades K,2,4) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For concerns about curriculum, please reach out to Barbara Hoffman (Reading, Writing and Social Studies) at email@example.com or Sharon Worley (Math and Science) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For concerns about school policy, procedures, expectations, or mission, please reach out to our principal, Alex Soto, at email@example.com.
How Can I Find Out When My Child Will Arrive Home On The Bus?
Download the Traversa Ride 360 app. The app will give you real-time updates on your child's school bus.
How Can I Access My Child's Grades?
Student grades are posted in Aspen. All parents will need to have an account created in Aspen to view your child's grades. If you need help setting this up, please stop by the front office and we can assist you.
My Child Is Struggling In School, How Can I Help?
Begin by contacting your child's teacher for tips and suggestions on what you can do to support your child. If you need additional assistance, or have further concerns, please reach out to Mrs. Doreen Tichenor at firstname.lastname@example.org for intervention, support and help.
Can I Eat Lunch With My Child?
Yes, parents must sign in at the front office prior to going to the cafeteria. You are welcome to each lunch with your child at one of the three circle tables in the cafeteria. Parents are not permitted to eat lunch with students during testing time, the first two weeks of school, or the last week of school.
Can I Celebrate My Child's Birthday At School?
Parents are not permitted to celebrate birthdays in the classroom with their child. However, parents are allowed to drop off cupcakes, cookies, and treats, as long as they are store bought.