Do you want to learn
more about our school?
We host school tours Monday – Thursday.
To schedule a tour, call 770- 429-3125.
CCRPI Attendance Zone Map
Hickory Hills provides students with a unique learning environment, where critical and creative thinking skills are supported through arts integration. All students receive weekly instruction in art, music, dance and drama. The staff of Hickory Hills is committed to the achievement of all students, striving to inspire and empower students in a positive learning environment.
Awards & Honors
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Accredited
- Title I Distinguished School
- Arts wing addition includes professional art, music, dance, and drama classrooms
- Science lab
- Full student performance stage
- Two playground areas
- 1:1 Chromebook access for students in grades K-5
- Interactive SMART board in every classroom
- LCD projector and multimedia equipment in every classroom
- Extensive classroom libraries used for differentiating instruction
- Gymnasium with rope course
- Parent Resource Room
- Standards-based classrooms, which implement rigorous Common Core State Standard and Georgia Performance Standards
- Implementation of the Workshop Model to maximize instructional time in reading, English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies
- Implementation the Lucy Calkins Units of Study in reading and writing
- All students receive differentiated small group instruction to meet their specific learning needs – acceleration, extension, or intervention
- Reading and writing project school affiliate of Columbia University in NYC
- 50 minute daily Specials instruction in the areas of art, music, dance, drama and physical education
- Special Student Services: Gifted, special education, ESOL, A Multi-tier System of Support (MTSS)
- Teachers engage in high levels of professional development throughout the school year
Students & Teachers
- Student Enrollment: 350 (FY17)
- Average homeroom size: 20
- Number of Teachers: 39
- One full-time Media Specialist
- One full-time School Counselor
- One part-time Community Engagement Coach
- One part-time School Improvement Specialist
Inspire. Empower. Achieve.
Our MissionTo prepare students for life success through an academically rigorous environment enhanced with the arts.
Our Core Values
We honor our students’ diversity and value everyone as having great potential. We demonstrate this by words, behaviors and personal choices that show compassion for others. We recognize children develop a sense of their own self-worth through positive interactions with others.Collaboration
Family, school, and community collaboration is seen not as an isolated set of activities, but essential in school success. Working as a team our school becomes stronger.
Forging a pathway for individual excellence, we foster environments where all students can excel in academics and the arts, setting high expectations and celebrating success. We instill a passion in our students and develop their unique strengths.
We facilitate engaging instruction by creating environments that promote meaningful exploration and discovery. We nurture the creativity in each of our students by reasoning, experimenting, and thinking critically.
We are accountable and set a good example for others through our actions, words, and attitudes. We take ownership for what we do and consider the impact of our choices.
We create an environment of shared understanding with open dialogue that establishes a culture of trust among students, staff, families, partners, and community members. We equip our students with communication skills for life success including listening, analyzing, and expressing thoughts and feelings.