Unified Student Dress Code
- Uniform HH logo polo-style embroidered shirts
- Non-embroidered polo-style shirts in light or navy blue, hunter green, light yellow or white
- Button down shirts in light or navy blue, hunter green, light yellow or white
- Uniform screen-print HH logo t-shirts
- Solid khaki or navy blue pants, skirts, skorts, shorts or capris. Shorts, skirts and skorts must be at finger-tip length or longer. Jumper dresses are permitted, as long as they are within the color specifications. No jeans.
- All pants must be belted/affixed at the waist and worn with a tucked in shirt
Winter / Outwear options:
- Above shirts may be worn, with long sleeve shirts or turtle necks UNDER designated uniform shirts
- Sweatshirts, jackets, and hooded sweatshirts with HH logo
- Navy, light blue or white Cardigan sweaters only.
- Solid navy, light blue or white sweatshirts.
** Students will be asked to remove all other outwear (coats, jackets, sweatshirts) during school hours that do not follow the “unified dress code”. They can wear these jackets to and from school and at recess.
All uniform pieces may be purchased at any local retail such as Target, Walmart etc. Embroidered shirts and uniform screen-print shirts may be purchased at Hickory Hills.Dance Unified Dress Code Policy
Students should wear black athletic type pants or shorts and a plain white fitted t-shirt to school rather than the traditional school uniform on their assigned dance day.
Specials schedules will be provided at Sneak-a-Peek and on the first day of school.
- Ladies – Black Leotard, Pink Convertible Tights, Pink Leather Ballet Slippers. Or, Fitted White T-Shirt, Black Athletic Pants, Pink Leather Ballet Slippers
- Gentlemen – Fitted White T-Shirt, Black Athletic Pants, Black Leather Ballet Slippers
Hickory Hills believes the wearing of a unified student dress code promotes school safety, improves discipline, and enhances the learning environment. We respect that there may be a desire by a small number of parents to not allow their child's participation in this school-wide policy. Parents wishing to request their child “opt out” of the uniform dress code may find the appropriate form on the school website or contact the school directly. Your request must be submitted to the school principal no later than 5 days after your child has been enrolled in school. Failure to do so will constitute an understanding and agreement by student and parent of full compliance to the Hickory Hills Unified Dress Code Policy for the school year.
All students are expected to be in uniform Mondays through Thursdays. Parents will be contacted to provide appropriate clothing when in violation of dress code. Fridays are considered spirit days/non-uniform days. Exceptions are made at the principal’s discretion.
A uniform closet will be maintained as apparel is donated to our school. When parents are unable to provide students with appropriate uniform apparel, loaners will be provided for students who come to school not in compliance with the dress code. If you have any questions, please ask your child’s teacher or the front office. All uniform pieces may be purchased at any local retail such as Target, Walmart etc. Embroidered shirts and uniform screen-print shirts may be purchased at Hickory Hills.
Unified Dress Code
Unified Dress Code "Opt-Out" Form
Parents wishing to “Opt-Out” of the unified student dress code can submit their request to the school principal by completing an “Opt-Out” application.