Do you want to learn
more about our school?
We welcome you to tour our school!
Please contact our enrollment specialist,
Diana Eraydin, to schedule a tour today!
770-420-0822 ext. 6016
Our VisionThe vision of MCAA is to be an innovative model of STEAM education.
Our MissionThe mission of MCAA is to provide a safe and positive culture where students apply collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity as members of a diverse learning community.
Communication and collaboration with all stakeholders.
A safe environment that is engaging and challenging.
A positive culture that supports and affirms our diverse community.
Unique and innovative learning opportunities.
Being ready, responsible, and respectful.
Above the Line
Awards & Honors
- 2017 Intel/District Administrator Schools of TechXcellence Award School
- 2017 AdvancED STEM Certified School
- 2016 Georgia Department of Education Highest-Performing Reward School Platinum Status
- 2016 Georgia Department of Education STEM Re-certification
- 2015 Georgia Department of Education Highest-Performing Reward School Platinum Status
- 2015 Georgia Department of Education High-Progress Reward School Gold Status
- 2015 Crayola/NAESP Champion Creatively Alive Children Award School
- 2013 US Department of Education National Blue Ribbon School
- 2012 First Georgia Department of Education STEM-Certified School
- 2012 SMART Showcase School Designation by SMART Technologies
- 2012 Georgia School of Excellence
- 2011 Georgia Student Achievement Platinum Award Winner
- 2010 Georgia School of Excellence in Student Achievement
- 2010 Lab School for the National Association of Gifted Children
- 2010 Georgia Student Achievement Platinum Award Winner
- 2009 Georgia Student Achievement Platinum Award Winner
- 2009 Georgia Library Media Exemplary Award Winner
- 2009 Georgia Department of Education - Superintendent's Distinguished Achievement Award: the award honors schools with highest achievement on state curriculum tests (CRCT).
- 2008 Georgia Student Achievement Platinum Award Winner
- 2007 Georgia Student Achievement Gold Award Winner
- 2006 Bronze Award Winner for High Academic Performance
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Accredited
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ranks Marietta Center for Advanced Academics among the Top 10 Elementary Schools in Metro Atlanta and Georgia
- Recognized by Intel as a Technology Success Story
Our facility is designed to meet the academic and personal needs of each student through an array of exciting technologies and learning environments. The school is equipped with:
- Microsoft/Minecraft Technology Lab
- SMART Innovation Lab
- Two fully equipped science labs
- Video production studio
- STEAM building (Art, Music, Gymnasium)
- Media Center
- School Garden
- Three Outdoor Classrooms
- All classrooms equipped with instructional technology tools including SMART boards and multi-media
- One-to-one laptop computing wireless environment
Students & Teachers
- Student Enrollment: 325 (FY15)
- Average class size: 25
- Number of teachers: 19 (including three gifted teachers)
- All teachers are gifted certified
- Instructional coach support personnel
- Uniforms: Yes