Do you want to learn
more about our school?
We welcome you to tour our school!
Please contact our Dr. Tricia Patterson, Principal
Our VisionThe vision of MCAA is to be an innovative model of STEAM education.
Our MissionThe mission of MCAA is to provide a safe and positive culture where students apply collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity as members of a diverse learning community.
Communication and collaboration with all stakeholders.
A safe environment that is engaging and challenging.
A positive culture that supports and affirms our diverse community.
Unique and innovative learning opportunities.
Being ready, responsible, and respectful.
Above the Line
- 2019 US Department of Education National Blue Ribbon School
- Cognia STEM Certified
Our facility is designed to meet the academic and personal needs of each student through an array of exciting technologies and learning environments. The school is equipped with:
- Technology/Coding Lab
- Collaboration Lab
- Maker Carts (4)
- Three fully equipped Science Labs
- Video Production Studio
- STEAM/STEM Work Stations
- Learning Media Commons
- School Gardens
- Outdoor Classrooms (2)
- Classrooms equipped with instructional technology tools including SMART boards and Multi-Media
1:1 Chromebook wireless environment
Students & Teachers
- Student Enrollment: 320 (FY20)
- Average class size: 26
- Number of teachers: 22 (including support staff and gifted teachers)
- All teachers are gifted certified
- Instructional Coach
- Innovation Specialist
- Uniforms: Yes