Greetings from Your Principal!
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students of the Magnificent Marietta Sixth Grade Academy (MSGA),
As your principal and instructional leader, I am looking forward to a positive and productive school year. Our school offers distinctive opportunities such as the IB Middle Years Program (MYP), Science Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) Magnet Program, Band, Chorus, Art and Sports programs for middle school level learners that promote collective and individual development and growth. Our overall goal is to help our students make connections during a smooth and productive transition into the middle grades within Marietta City Schools in a safe and caring environment.
We are an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme school (I.B. MYP). The IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) is designed for students aged 11 to 16 and provides a framework of learning which encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers. The S.T.E.M. Magnet program is geared for students interested in an integrated science, technology, engineering, and mathematics environment.
We are proud of our students, our highly qualified faculty and the community we serve. We strive to remain at the forefront of education in our state, nation, and the world.
Middle School can be a challenging time in the life of any child. With so many changes and opportunities happening at once, it is sometimes difficult to know which way to turn. My professional philosophy recognizes this and seeks to support students during this important time of growth. The MSGA faculty and staff take pride in the fact that our small size, expertise and dedication allow us to know students and families on a personal level. Some of the things that make MSGA a magnificent place to learn and grow:p>
- Our school consists of one grade with fewer than 700 students and over 60 instructional faculty and staff members.
- Teachers collaboratively work in grade level teams to make sure that student needs are met.
- The Advisement Program is provided for every student in which a teacher works with small groups of students to hone necessary skills.
- Daily school-wide focus and recognition on the following specific positive behaviors:
- We highly value the role that data and observation can play in helping us ensure that every student is successful. Teachers, counselors and administrators use data and direct observation to inform their decisions at MSGA
I look forward to meeting you and working with you throughout the school year. If you have a question, want to share an idea, address a concern or make a comment, please feel free to contact me. I will always do what I can to answer your questions, resolve your concerns or consider your suggestions.
Corey W. Lawson, Principal