Blue Devil News - 10/22/2021Posted by Anthony Booker on 10/22/2021 3:00:00 PM
MMS will hold Conference Week October 25th - 29th. Each day, students will be dismissed from school at 12:30 p.m. Families will have the option of in-person, virtual, or phone conferences. Teachers sent home Conference Week materials on Monday, October 11th. If you have not heard from your student’s Launch teacher, please contact them.
There will be no tutoring next week due to conference week. Next-Level Tutoring will begin on November 1st, and it will be virtual. Tutoring will occur in one-hour blocks between 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Please click the links for additional details and to register.
Please review the flyer below for informational sessions about high school if you are a parent of an 8th grade student.
Our Partner-in-Education is having a Halloween celebration on Sunday, October 31st from 4:00-6:00 p.m. After you purchase a pizza and have your student in a costume, they can receive a free face painting.
Sleighbells on the Square
Please see the flyer below for more information about Sleighbells on the Square.
The Fall Ball has been postponed until 11/05/2021. We apologize for any inconvenience, but it will be bigger and better than originally planned.
This exciting, semi-formal outdoor event will include a DJ, food, and inflatables. Because of the various activities at the Fall Ball, students can dress in casual or semi-formal attire. All students must register for the dance at this link and purchase a PTSA membership. To purchase a PTSA membership, please visit the PTSA Store or pick-up an envelope in the front office. Memberships are $7. Students must be passing all classes or submit a plan of action. In addition, students cannot have a major referral in September and October to attend. Food and drink items will be available for purchase.
Please see the flyer below for more information on Winter Guard.
All students who are interested in soccer should visit the following link:
Four critical steps are necessary to try-out for soccer on January 18, 2022:
1. Complete profile on the online athlete portal.
Username: Student ID
2. Obtain athletic physical with doctor’s approval to participate.
3. Have medical or athlete insurance.
4. Maintain passing grades in order to participate.
MMS is kicking off the 2021-2022 PTSA Reflections season. This year's theme is I Will Change the World By... Reflection entries can be made in the following categories: Dance Choreography, Photography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, and Visual Arts. The deadline for submissions and packets is Monday, November 1, 2021.
Please visit the PTSA store for uniforms, spirit wear, and memberships.
Families can purchase yearbooks at the following link:
Students have the opportunity to register and take a Mock PSAT in December. Please see the following flyer for more information.
MYP: Did you know?
This week we are beginning to take a look at how schools use the IB Learner Profile to help bring the IB mission statement to life. IB has five policies that every school has to develop, regularly review, and revise as needed. Schools use these policies to help build a culture where students can further grow in the traits of the IB learner profile.
In thinking about how the IB policies build a culture where the IB Learner Profile can thrive in ways to help bring the IB’s mission to life, Did you know...
- the inclusion policy helps to shape the school culture so that all students can reach their full potential?
- it further describes the school’s vision for implementing inclusive programmes and encourages learners to be open-minded and caring?
- the academic integrity policy helps to shape cultures of ethical academic practice encouraging learners to be principled and reflective?
- the language policy helps to promote intercultural understanding through communication in various ways and languages encouraging learners to be communicators, thinkers, knowledgeable, inquirers, and risk-takers?
- the assessment policy seeks to create a culture of continuous growth in learning through student goal-setting, feedback that guides learners to inquiry, taking action, and reflection so as to encourage them as reflective and knowledgeable inquirers, thinkers, and communicators?
- in the Middle Years Programme (MYP), all students are included which is reflected in the school’s admission policy? The whole school participation in MYP encourages learners to be open-minded and balanced?
(Source: IB Programme Standards and Practices, 2020)
We will continue to explore other aspects of the MYP to discover, “How do schools use the IB Learner Profile to enact the IB Mission Statement?” To view the current IB policies for MCS click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page. We welcome your input on upcoming revisions to the IB policies in our district. If you would like more information, please email Jill Sims, your IB coordinator, at email@example.com.
Conference Week: 10/25/2021 - 10/29/2021
Day of Awesome: 11/05/2021
Fall Ball: 11/05/2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017