Information/Registration for SAT & ACT
Marietta High School recommends students take both the SAT & ACT. Colleges will accept best scores from either test.
Test Scores (SAT & ACT)
Colleges/Universities require scores be sent directly from testing agencies. Students can choose up to four colleges/universities that the scores will automatically be sent to when signing up for the SAT or ACT. If students wait until after receiving their scores, it may cost up to $12 per official score report. For more information, visit
Free test prep for SAT & ACT
SAT & ACT Fee Waivers
- Students must be eligible for Free or Reduced Lunch & bring proof of eligibility to their school counselor or college advisor. Sign up for Free or Reduced Lunch. For questions about eligibility or to obtain your Lunch Verification Status, please email Adrian Wright.
- Students are given a total of 2 fee waivers for both the SAT & ACT (can be used over 2 years).
- If students lose or do not use fee waivers, they cannot receive more.
- After using SAT fee waiver & receiving score report, students can download four college application fee waivers directly from SAT website.
Mock ACT for 9th & 10th Graders
Click Here to Access the Mock SAT/ACT INFO at Marietta High School
PSAT for 10th & 11th Graders
- All students classified as first-time Sophomores (10th Grade) will automatically take the PSAT
- Any repeating-10th grader or first-time Junior (11th grade) wishing to sign up for the PSAT to be qualified for the National Merit Scholarship must register by Monday, September 10.
- PSAT Registration
- $25 to register until Monday, September 3
- Date - Wednesday, October 10
- $10 late registration fee will be added after Monday, September 3 ($25 total)
- More information on the National Merit Scholarship Program
- Questions? Email Jason Meade
Technical colleges and some 2-year colleges use the Accuplacer Test for admission and for Dual Enrollment.
- Marietta High School will be giving the Accuplacer on Wednesday, October 17 and Thursday, October 18 only for students wishing to do Dual Enrollment
- Sign up to take the Accuplacer at Chattahoochee Tech
- Review for Accuplacer
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery)
If students are interested in joining the military after graduation, then they must take the ASVAB. The ASVAB is also used a free interest inventory for students not wanting to join the military.
- Marietta High School will be giving the ASVAB on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 and Tuesday, March 12, 2019.
- Sign up – TBA
- Review for ASVAB