The School Operations Department prides itself in striving to achieve the following core values: commitment, communication, integrity, professionalism and teamwork. Our goal is to provide proper nutrition, safe transportation, well-constructed and maintained facilities, state of the art technology and a safe environment conducive to learning.
Marietta City Schools operates 12 public education facilities and various administrative buildings MCS facilities total approximately 1.5 million gross square feet of space and 225 acres. The Operations Division operates as an aligned team tasked with providing leadership of the functions necessary for the delivery of the following services to students, employees and the general public:
- Capital Projects & Planning
- Facilities and Construction
- Maintenance, Custodial, and Property Management Services
- Technology and Information Systems Services
- School Nutrition Services
- Student Transportation Services
- Safety and Security Operations
- Community use of school facilities
The MCS Maintenance Services team is responsible for all aspects of preventative, routine, and emergency maintenance of MCS facilities and property. It is an all-encompassing maintenance operation that is inclusive of delivering multiple professional trades which supports all aspects of Capital Projects from estimating through completion.
We work towards ensuring that the proper environment is provided while managing the efficient use of all resources. The team provides assistance and service to the schools on a daily basis to perform the following daily activities:
- Environmental services
- Ground and building maintenance
- Heating, ventilating and air conditioning maintenance
- Building automation systems maintenance
- Preventive maintenance
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems maintenance
- Energy & Resource conservation and utilities services
- Custodial operations
Student Transportation Services is committed to providing safe, professional and efficient transportation for students to and from school; and all extracurricular activities and school-related events. To meet this commitment, the student transportation services team includes professional drivers, competent fleet maintenance technicians, and customer-oriented support staff in deploying well-maintained buses to transport daily more than 6,000 students to and from school as well as supporting more than 2,000 activity trips during the year.
All of our bus drivers meet Georgia Department of Education transportation standards for school bus operations to include:
- a commercial driver's license (CDL),
- annual physical,
- background check,
- drug-testing; and
- mandatory training requirements to include testing by a state examiner.
All MCS buses are inspected annually and checked before and after each trip and our fleet technicians ensure that the buses are maintained in top condition. Marietta City Schools’ bus safety record is among the best in the state.
TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION SERVICES
MCS Information and Technology Services (IT) is committed to and is responsible for researching, designing, implementing, monitoring and managing information technology solutions that improve operational efficiency and student achievement. IT delivers and supports computer equipment, software solutions, communications systems, network connectivity, project management, and application hosting and support services for schools and support operations throughout the school system. Additionally, IT services collaborates with the Office of Academic Achievement; providing the critical elements in supporting the delivery of classroom instruction, access to digital instructional materials, and assessment activities. IT Services also provides the following value added activities:
- Provide an infrastructure that meets the District’s strategic demands for superior educational outcomes through increased operational efficiencies;
- Develop and implement applications that respond to the District’s strategic demands for superior educational outcomes through increased operational efficiencies; and
- Ensure that the District’s strategic demands are met for superior educational outcomes through continued support and customer focus.
SCHOOL NUTRITION SERVICES
Good nutrition is essential for learning! The Georgia award-winning MCS School Nutrition Program strives to serve the students appealing, nutritious and safe meals in a pleasant atmosphere. Serving nearly two-million meals annually, all of our schools offer a variety of delicious and nutritious meals prepared according to USDA guidelines and feature:
- “Offer” vs. Serve” program that allows students choice in items as well as reduces waste
- Fresh fruits and vegetables served daily
- Daily fresh entrée salads
In support of MCS’ overall wellness program, School Nutrition Services, through collaborative partnerships, also provides the following activities:
- Feed My School For A Week
- Georgia Homegrown Initiative
- Supper Programs at four schools
- USDA Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Program
- National School Breakfast Week
- “Farm to Table” program
- Seamless Summer Option Program
FACILITIES AND CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
MCS Facilities and Construction Services is committed to providing safe and secure facilities by encouraging a positive learning environment through design, construction, improvement, and operation of educational facilities. We administer design and construction of new schools, additions to existing buildings, and renewals of existing school facilities in accordance with approved educational specifications and building codes. In addition, we supervise minor improvement projects (facility modifications), coordinate the installation and relocation of classroom facilities, provide subject matter experts in the design process, and maintain real property and facility data. Further activities include:
- Providing on-site inspection staff to guarantee quality assurance.
- Providing building evaluation and assessment to coordinate the planning of construction projects for the preparation of the Educational Facilities Master Plan to best support the educational needs of the students.
- Contracts Administration, Database Administration and Performance Improvement.
Erick HofstetterAssistant Superintendent of Operations250 Howard StreetMarietta, GA 30060Devlin BrewerExecutive Secretary to Assistant Superintendent(678) 695-7257Amber CampbellCapital Projects/E-SPLOST Secretary(678) 695-7218
Kimberly EllisDirector of Transportation145 Dodd Street SEMarietta, GA 30060(770) 429-3110Jimmy PaceDirector of Maintenance250 Howard StreetMarietta, GA 30060(770) 422-3500Torey BradleyDirector of Technology and Information Systems250 Howard StreetMarietta, GA 30060(770) 422-3500Cindy CulverDirector of School Nutrition250 Howard StreetMarietta, GA 30060(770) 422-3500