The mission of the Marietta City Schools Athletic Department is to provide student/athletes a wide range of learning experiences including integrity, teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership through participation in interscholastic activities.
Gender Equity in Sports Policy
It is the policy of the Marietta Board of Education that no student shall, on the basis of gender, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, be treated differently from another student, or otherwise be discriminated against in any interscholastic or intramural activities offered by Marietta City Schools, and Marietta City Schools shall not provide any such activities separately on such basis. The Marietta City School District annually shall notify all of its students of the name, office address, and office telephone number of the employee(s) who coordinate efforts to comply with and carry out the provisions of State Board of Education Policy IDE(3) (Rule 160-5-1-20) and state law. This notification shall be included in a student handbook containing the code of conduct and distributed to all students.Marietta City Schools is once again taking nominations for the 2019 Marietta City Schools Athletic Hall of Fame. Nomination forms can be found in the athletic office at Marietta High School or on the Marietta High School Athletics Website. For more information, please contact the athletic office at 770-429-3154.The purpose of the MCS Athletic Hall of Fame is to honor and recognize athletes, teams, coaches, administrators and others who have brought recognition, honor and distinction to Marietta through outstanding contributions to the athletic program at Marietta High School, at the former Lemon Street High School, at the collegiate level or beyond. Induction into the Marietta Athletic Hall of Fame will be the highest honor that the athletic department can bestow upon an individual.Nominations are due by Friday, May 3,
Each student playing on the athletic team at Marietta High School must be eligible under the conditions set forth by the Georgia High School Association. The major requirements for eligibility are:
1. Current Eligibility Release, Insurance Information and Medical Authorization Form must be on file in the Athletic Office.
2. Must have passed 6 courses from the previous semester.
3. Must be "on track" toward graduation as outlined below:
End of first year: 4
End of second year: 10
End of third year: 16
Number of Carnegie Units Required:
1. A student becomes eligible/ineligible on the first day of the next semester if they have/have not passed 6 subjects the preceding semester. Summer school is an extension of the spring semester.
2. Students must be in attendance at school for at least 2 blocks to be able to participate in any practices, performances or games that day.
3. Students who have been suspended from school or in MAC are ineligible to participate in practices, performances or games during their assigned days or be in attendance.
In collaboration with MHS, Marietta Middle School has decided to suspend the middle school swim program indefinitely. If your middle school student is interested in competitive swimming, please reach out to Coach Kristen Slifko at email@example.com for guidance on finding an appropriate youth swimming program.