Marietta Performance Learning Center
Performance Learming Center Handbook
The Marietta Performance Learning Center (PLC) is located on the Woods-Wilkins Campus. The facility provides a business-like learning environment where students complete assignments using an integrated online and project-based curriculum. The mission of the PLC is to provide students the opportunity to successfully learn, stay in school, develop marketable skills, graduate from high school and become productive citizens. All students participate in a college transition class as well as service learning projects. Student success is the result of a collaborative effort between the student, parent(s)/guardian(s), school personnel and the community.
Student enrollment is voluntary. The enrollment process includes the completion of an application based on referral and an interview. Upon acceptance into the program, students and parents must complete contracts of commitment.
The Marietta Performance Learning Center is one of 19 such centers in the state of Georgia. It was the second one founded in the metro Atlanta area. It has assisted close to 100 Marietta High School students gain a high school diploma since its inception in 2004.
Awards & Honors
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools
- Start time: 8 a.m.
- Dismissal: 2 p.m.
- PLC Afterschool /Credit Recovery: 3-5 p.m., Mon-Thurs
- 5 classrooms (each with 15 computer stations)
- Student Center
- Faculty Lounge
Students & Teachers
- Approximately 115 students- 75 full day students and 40 credit recovery
- Average Class Size: 15
- Number of teachers: 5
- Teachers are equipped with laptops and accessible via email
- Uniforms: On specified days-- Thursday- Dress for Success and Friday Spirit Day
- A binder (at least 1 inch)
- Looseleaf notebook paper
- Durable Backpack
- Personal Headphones