Oh Yes We Can Lead and Achieve!
Lockheed will be a community of leaders and learners who foster positive relationships within our diverse community.
We are committed to creating a safe, inclusive community where students and staff thrive.
We are committed to building community relationships through consistent communication.
We are committed to providing an innovative framework for optimal student growth.
We are committed to ensuring social-emotional well-being and equitable access to resources.
Awards & Honors
- Lockheed Martin STEM Grant Recipient - Approximately $100,000 (2019-2023)
- 2023 Lockheed ES Teacher of the Year: Miranda Jones
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredited
- $6 Million Renovation completed Summer 2021.
- Secured front entry door system w/ camera and intercom.
- Extensive playground area with a brand new playscape (Spring 2021), amphitheater, covered pavilion with picnic tables and a full-size soccer field.
- Newly renovated Learning Commons and Maker Space Room for students with student access to computers and self-check-out system.
- The newly renovated Innovation Lab (iLab) courtesy of Lockheed Martin, complete with Virtual Reality computers, 3D & GlowForge Laser printers, Mac & Sprout computers, robotics, 75" Interactive Display Panel.
- STEM Lab with 3D Printers & Robotics.
- Art Room equipped with firing pottery kiln.
- Music Room w/ keyboard lab.
- Closed circuit broadcast room operated by students.
- Stimulating inviting classrooms with age-appropriate development centers.
- SMART and multimedia technology in every classroom.
- Media center with over 17,000 titles.
- Every Classroom has access to desktop computers, laptop carts, projectors, interactive display panels, and other digital resources.
At Lockheed Elementary we strive to help students reach their full potential by focusing on individual needs and providing high quality, research-based, targeted instruction.
Student success is recognized and celebrated throughout the school year. School-wide positive behavior expectations are taught and reinforced through the Leader in Me Program and our SOAR expectations.
Safe, Orderly, Accountable, Respectful
Students & Teachers
- Student Enrollment: 740
- Average class Size: 20
- Number of Staff: 100
- 100% highly qualified teachers and paraprofessionals
- Teachers are equipped with laptops and accessible via e-mail
- Uniforms: Yes (Monday-Thursday), Lockheed Spirit Wear (Friday)
- School Colors: Red, white and blue