To provide an environment that develops the whole child and engages all students to reach their full potential and achieve at their highest level.
Create lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and responsible citizens who will embrace each other's differences, maintain a global perspective, and protect the environment.
- Every student can learn and must be provided with high-quality instruction that is differentiated to meet their needs.
- We must provide equity and access to every student and ensure we create an environment that includes and respects everyone.
- The education of all students is our collective responsibility and involves partnering collaboratively with all staff, families, and our school community.
Awards & Honors
- Lockheed Martin STEM Grant Recipient - Approximately $100,000 (2019-2021)
- National PTA School of Excellence 2016-2018
- Georgia School that Beat the Odds for 5 consecutive years: 2012-2016
- 2020 Lockheed ES Teacher of the Year: Emily Ovalle
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredited
- $6 Million Renovation completed Summer 2021
- Secured Front entry door system w/ camera and intercom.
- Security cameras in all hallways and common areas
- 1:1 Chromebook computers for all grade levels
- 75" Interactive Display Panels in each classroom
- Extensive playground area with a brand new playscape (Spring 2021), amphitheater, covered pavilion with picnic tables and a full-size soccer field
- Newly renovated Learning Commons and Maker Space Room for students with student access to computers and self-check out system
- Newly renovated Innovation Lab (iLab) courtesy of Lockheed Martin complete with Virtual Reality computers, 3D & GlowForge Laser printers, Mac & Sprout computers, robotics, 75" Interactive Display Panel,
- STEM Lab with 3D Printers & Robotics
- Art Room equipped with firing pottery kiln
- Music Room w/ keyboard lab
- Closed circuit broadcast room operated by students
- Stimulating inviting classrooms with age-appropriate development centers
- SMART and multimedia technology in every classroom
- Media center with over 17,000 titles
- Every Classroom has access to desktop computers, laptop carts, projectors, interactive display panels, and other digital resources
At Lockheed Elementary we strive to help students reach their full potential by focusing on individual needs and providing high quality, researched based, targeted instruction.
Student success is recognized and celebrated throughout the school year. School-wide positive behavior expectations are taught and reinforced through our SOAR program.
Safe, Orderly, Accountable, Respectful
- In addition, students’ academic success is showcased through the following programs at Lockheed:
- Academic Awards
- Marietta Reads!
- PTA Reflections Program
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Partnership
- National Junior Beta Club
- Girls On The Run
- Lockheed Chorus
Students & Teachers
- Student Enrollment: 740
- Average class Size: 20
- Number of Staff: 100
- 100% highly qualified teachers and paraprofessionals
- Teachers are equipped with laptops and accessible via e-mail
- Uniforms: Yes (Monday-Thursday), Lockheed Spirit Wear (Friday)
- School Colors: Red, white and blue