Apart Yet Connected
Your MMS Counselors are here for you!
Although we are not together right now: Connect with us. We are here for you. Send us an email, link with us for a Zoom meeting, visit our classroom on Schoology.
SCHOOL COUNSELING AT MMS
The school counseling program at MMS offers a variety of ways of assisting students, even during this challenging and uncertain time. Marietta Middle School counselors are available to assist students to effectively deal with personal or school problems and to provide educational support and career information. Services may be requested by students, parents, or staff. You can request a meeting with your (or your child's) counselor by clicking on the red links below each of their pictures on this page.
MMS counselors look forward to collaborating with you to help your child succeed. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s counselor.
SCHOOL COUNSELING STAFF-Phone: 770-422-0311 FAX: 770-429-3161
- Andrea Francis, AFrancis@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Whitney Hancock, Whancock@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Margarita Poche, MPoche@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Sheila Hypsher, Registrar SHypsher@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Kristin Lopez, Secretary KLopez@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
The Marietta Middle School Counseling Program is based on the following fundamental beliefs that:
- All students can learn and achieve academic success.
- All students have the potential to become productive and contributing citizens.
- All students should be treated with dignity and respect.
- All students deserve a safe and caring environment in which to learn and thrive.
- All students should have access to school counseling program supports that meet their individual needs.
- Embracing the diversity of our students will strengthen our school community.
- By recognizing and appreciating the cultures and traditions of others as well as our own, students will grow in empathy and understanding.
- Educators have an essential role in providing the foundation for student growth.
- Encouraging student creativity and innovation in and out of the classroom will foster enthusiasm and love of learning.
- It is crucial for school counselors to use data driven interventions and supports that will nurture students personal and interpersonal growth development.
The mission of the Marietta Middle School’s Comprehensive School Counseling Program is: in partnership with our students, families, educators and community to create a sustainable safe and caring learning environment that supports the diversity and social/emotional wellbeing of our students; and within our unique International Baccalaureate Middle Years program context, our counseling program responds to our students’ needs as they acquire the skills and knowledge critical to achieve the academic, social/emotional, and career success necessary to become productive global citizens.
Marietta Middle School graduates are inquiring, knowledgeable and caring adults who reach their fullest potential as lifelong learners, responsible and productive citizens in an ever changing global community, and who help create a better and more peaceful world through interpersonal and intercultural understanding and respect.