The Marietta Middle School Counseling Program has been recognized as a model program by the American School Counseling Association (RAMP). Marietta Middle School Counselors are committed to delivering a comprehensive, data-informed school counseling program that addresses the academic, social/emotional, and career development of our students.
Our counseling team utilizes a variety of methods and strategies for assisting students; this may include opportunities for students to be seen individually for short-term counseling, in a small, goal-focused group, and in the classroom/large group setting. In each setting, students will have the opportunity to learn life skills that enhance their ability to succeed academically and socially. Our school counselors also provide community resources and referral information to assist caregivers in meeting children’s needs.
MMS Counseling Department has four counselors. Students are assigned to each counselor by teams. You may reach the counselors by email or calling 770-422-0311.
Meet the Counselors
MMS counselors look forward to collaborating with you to help your child succeed. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s counselor. Services may be requested by students, parents, or staff. You can request a meeting with your child's school counselor via e-mail or phone call.
The Marietta Middle School Counseling Program is based on the following fundamental beliefs:
- All students can learn and achieve academic success.
- All students have the potential to become productive and contributing citizens.
- All students should be treated with dignity and respect.
- All students deserve a safe and caring environment in which to learn and thrive.
- All students should have access to school counseling program supports that meet their individual needs.
- Embracing the diversity of our students will strengthen our school community.
- By recognizing and appreciating the cultures and traditions of others as well as our own, students will grow in empathy and understanding.
- Educators have an essential role in providing the foundation for student growth.
- Encouraging student creativity and innovation in and out of the classroom will foster enthusiasm and love of learning.
- It is crucial for school counselors to use data-driven interventions and supports that will nurture students' personal and interpersonal growth development.
The mission of the Marietta Middle School’s Comprehensive School Counseling Program is: in partnership with our students, families, educators, and community to create a sustainable safe, and caring learning environment that supports the diversity and social/emotional wellbeing of our students; and within our unique International Baccalaureate Middle Years program context, our counseling program responds to our student's needs as they acquire the skills and knowledge critical to achieve the academic, social/emotional, and career success necessary to become productive global citizens.
Marietta Middle School graduates are inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring adults who reach their fullest potential as lifelong learners, responsible and productive citizens in an ever-changing global community, and who help create a better and more peaceful world through interpersonal and intercultural understanding, and respect.
School Counseling Staff
- Melissa Holland - School Counselor Melissaholland@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Andrea Francis - School Counselor AFrancis@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Margarita Poche - School Counselor MPoche@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Ricki Wheeler - School Counselor RWheeler@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Sheila Hypsher - Registrar SHypsher@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
- Kristin Lopez - Secretary KLopez@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
Phone: 770-422-0311 Ext. 5620
For records requests, please email Klopez@marietta-city.k12.ga.us
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
ESPECIALLY FOR EDUCATORS
ESPECIALLY FOR PARENTS