High School Graduation Petition Information
On March 30, 2015 Governor Deal signed into law House Bill 91 which eliminated the requirement for students to pass the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in order to gain their high school diploma.
You are eligible for your diploma if:
- you have completed all academic course requirements for graduation and
- are only missing a passing score on one or more sections of the GHSGT and
- previously attended a Marietta High School and received a certificate of attendance, or
- received a Special Education Diploma and are only missing a passing GHSGT score in one or more subjects.
- Complete the petition form.
- The counseling department will evaluate the petition and determine if all other graduation requirements have been met.
- After 30-45 days, a copy of your updated transcript can be picked up from Marietta City Schools Central Office, located at 250 Howard Street, Marietta, GA 30060. Please note that there is $5 fee required for processing a paper copy of transcripts.