MCS Tuition Program
MCS Tuition Program
The Marietta City Schools Tuition Program allows students who do not live in the Marietta City School district to attend an MCS school by paying tuition. Out-of-district students interested in applying to the Marietta Center for Advanced Academics STEAM Magnet Program should visit MCAA Application Procedures for more information.
Current tuition cost is $150 per month, per student.
The following criteria must be met for consideration:
- Above average grades and standardized test scores, history of good behavior, good attendance, and timely payment of past tuition fees.
- Student can be accommodated by current instructional program services which will meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of the student without overcrowding classrooms.
- Marietta City Schools must be able to accommodate the applicant without placing undue financial burden on the school system.
- The student must provide Marietta City Schools the following documents in acceptable form before enrollment can be considered:
- The Transcript (report card and standardized test scores) from the student’s former school.
- Discipline records from student’s former school as required by the laws of the State of Georgia.
- Attendance Record from student’s former school.
- Students are subject to suspension, dismissal or expulsion in accordance with all Marietta City Schools’ policies or regulations and, upon any such dismissal or expulsion, all obligations of Marietta City Schools shall be null and void.
- Students will not be eligible to play in varsity competition for the first year of enrollment, as governed by the Georgia High School Association By-Law 1.63.
- Marietta City Schools does not provide transportation for tuition students. Parents or Guardians are solely responsible for the student’s transportation to and from school. The Superintendent shall have the right to refuse admittance to any applicant if, in his/her opinion, accepting the student would not be in the best interest of the school system.
The application window for Tuition opens on the 1st Monday in January and closes the last Friday in February. Students will be accepted based on availability in the requested school.
Students will be notified of their acceptance status the first Friday in April.