Blue Devil News - April 26, 2019
Posted by Melina Barbuto on 4/26/2019 4:00:00 PM
Congratulations to all our March Blue Devils of the Month!
We're so proud of your acheivments and greatness!
MMS SCHOOL GOVERNANCE TEAM (SGT)
Dear Parents of Rising MMS 7th and 8th Grade Students,
If you are interested in running for a position on the MMS School Governance Team (SGT), please complete and submit a Parent/Guardian Candidate Declaration Form. Forms and additional information can be found at www.marietta-city.org/SGT or you can get a copy of the form from our front office and follow the mailing instructions on the back. The Candidate Declaration period has been extended to May 1st and voting for SGT will occur from May 8th-16th.
Our School Governance Team (SGT) plays a critical role in the success of our school. The SGT works with school leadership and the community to help determine the lo1ng-term direction of the school, design innovative solutions to increase academic achievement, and serve as school ambassadors to the local community. Specifically, the School Governance Team collaborates in the following areas:
- Creating, approving, and monitoring the implementation of the school strategic plan
- Designing flexible solutions to meet needs of the school
- Approve the annual budget recommendations and related allocations
- Participate in the hiring of the principal, in the case of a vacancy
- Provide annual feedback to Superintendent on school performance
We are very excited about the work and value-add of our SGT. We hope that you will consider running for a position.
8TH GRADE DANCE
When: Friday, May 10th from 6:00-9:00 P.M.
Where: Marietta Middle School
- 8th Grade Student at Marietta Middle School (Students from other grades or schools cannot attend).
- Passing Math, Science, Social Studies, and ELA for 4th
- Have not received ISS or OSS for 4th
- Create a plan to be picked up no later than 9:00 p.m.
Attire: Semi-Formal Dress
- Dresses and skirts of appropriate length and design.
- Dress shirts, dress pants, button-up shirts, slacks, and khakis.
- Please no jeans, t-shirts, or shorts.
- If you have a question about the outfit you want to wear, take a picture of it and show your teacher or Mr. Booker.
Applications can be picked up at the office!
We're on the Homestretch for the 2018-2019 school year! Let's celebrate our kids accomplishments and encourage them to keep up the good work.
What: Weekly PBIS Celebration with food trucks, music, sports, and your phones.
Who: For students who have not received a major or minor referral for the week.
Where: Practice Field and Stadium (Weather Permitting)
When: Fridays during 5th and 6th Period.
Honors Night will be on May 20th at 6:30pm at Turner Chapel.
Invitations will be sent home.
Please fill out the form if you plan to attend tryouts for Marietta Middle School! Tryouts will be held May 6-8 from 4:30-6:30 PM in the main gym at Marietta Middle School.
We will make 2 teams, any players who do not make a team are encouraged to participate in our fall ball development program.
- GA Milestones - Wednesday, April 17th - Friday, April 26th
- GA Milestones Retesting - through May 3rd
- Cross Country Information Meeting - Tuesday, April 30th @6:30pm, MHS Seminar Room
- MAP Testing - Wednesday, May 1st & Thursday, May 2nd
- Volleyball Tryouts - Monday, May 6th - Wednesday, May 8th, @4:30-6:30pm
- Eighth Grade Dance - Friday, May 10th, @6:00-9:00pm
- Fine Arts Night - Wednesday, May 15th @6:30, Marietta Performing Arts Center
- Honors Night - Monday, May 20th @6:30pm, Turner Chapel
- Eighth Grade Honor Walk - Friday, May 24th
- Last Day of School - Friday, May 24th