Blue Devil News - May 17, 2019
Posted by Melina Barbuto on 5/17/2019 4:00:00 PM
Our fantastic Fine Arts Night was fantastic! A beautiful medley of visual and performing arts
where visual arts, band, chorus, orchestra, and theatre all displayed their talents.
The night ended with a combined symphony with our own Dr. Hibbs directing!
DUKE TIP QUALIFIERS
Congratulations to our students who have State and Grand Qualifications for DUKE TIP! Congrats to: Abhinav Bansal, Jackson Bourgeois, Nora Hart, Nicholas Jackson, Hadley Pacin, Peyton Pitts, William Poston, Jaylen Robinson, William Roland, Neil Tandel, Kalyan Toussant for their State Qualification!
And a special congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for Qualifying for both State and Grand!
Picture will be forthcoming!
We have 15 more yearbooks for sale! Get yours at the main office for $40, cash or money order. We want everyone that wants a yearbook to get a yearbook.
Don't forget to turn in any books checked out from the media center before the end of the year! Clearing these fines before the end of the year will ensure that everything is ready for next year!
DITCH YOUR UNIFORM!!
1. 8th grade students can donate their gently used school uniform shirts and sweatshirts on Wednesday, May 22nd
2. On May 22nd, volunteers in the front foyer who will exchange wristbands for school sweatshirts/shirts.
3. Students can earn up to 2 wristbands. they get 1 wristband for 1 shirt and any other apparel donated will get another wristband.
4. Dress down days will be Wednesday, May 22nd and Thursday, May 23rd.
8TH GRADE HONOR WALK
Letters have been sent home today. Permission slips will be sent home MONDAY!
What is it? 8th Grade students will walk from MMS to MHS
Why? The walk symbolizes the transition to high school
What will students get?
¨ Graduate Marietta Class of 2023 Shirt
¨ Graduate Marietta String Backpack
¨ Water Bottles (anyone willing to donate water, please follow this link)
What will happen there?
¨ Celebration of your 8th Grade year
¨ Picnic with your friends and phones
¨ Early dismissal (You will go home at 1 p.m.)
When? The last day of school (May 24th)
9:45 - 10:30 AM
Honor Walk from MMS to MHS
10:30 – 11:30 AM
Transition Ceremony in MPAC
11:30 – 12:30 PM
8th Grade Picnic (MHS Practice Fields)
12:30 - 12:45 PM
Students Board Busses
- Permission slips must be signed by a parent, and they will go home on Monday, May 20th
- Families can cheer for students along the route, but they cannot walk with students
- Students will either bring their lunch or eat a school lunch at MHS (Normal Charges Apply)
- Students will need to decide if they will bring their lunch or get a school lunch by Tuesday, May 21st
- If a student rides a bus normally, buses will take them home from MHS around 1:00
- If a student normally walks or is a car rider, buses will bring the student back to MMS to walk or enter car rider
- No student may walk from MHS
- No student can be picked up from MHS
- To ensure student safety, ample supervision will be provided by MMS staff who will be supported by the Marietta Police Department will support
Honors Night will be on May 20th at 6:30pm at Turner Chapel.
Invitations have been sent home this week for any student receiving awards.
Our Movie on the Green (originally scheduled for this Friday) has been postponed. We hope to reset this fun Family Engagement event as a back to school event. Stay tuned for more details.
Remember to follow us on Instagram (mmg_PTSA) and on Facebook (Marietta Middle Grades PTSA)
PARENT ENLIGHTENMENT & RESOURCE EVENTS
FREE GIRLS LACROSSE CLINICS
Who: Open to any 3rd-8th grade girls interested in trying the fast, fun game of lacrosse
When: Saturday, June 1, 9am – 11am AND/OR Wednesday, June 5, 6pm – 8pm.
Where: The upper field behind Marietta High School.
Equipment: We will provide all necessary equipment. Bring a mouth guard or purchase one for $1 from us the day of clinic.
What to Wear: Athletic clothes and tennis shoes.
Contact: Leanne MacLeod, MHS girls lacrosse coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up, go to www.mariettalacrosse.com and complete the Google registration form.
MARIETTA YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE - FOOTBALL AND CHEERLEADING
Please see the attached flyer for registration information regarding Football and Cheerleading through the Marietta Youth Football League.
- Honors Night - Monday, May 20th @6:30pm, Turner Chapel
- Eighth Grade Honor Walk - Friday, May 24th
- Last Day of School - Friday, May 24th
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017